Job site cargo trailers...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

An alternative to tugging a trailer around is a utility body.

This one is mine, a 2000 Chevy 3500HD. With 112,000 miles on it. Formally owned by Verizon, maintained on a routine maintenance program. The only downfall is that Verizon trucks often idle for hours at a time. The boom is coming off and most likely being scrapped. And the tool boxes on top of the utility body are coming off too. Equipped with a pintle hitch. Complete with a generator, so RJ can run his electric paver saw. Acquired for $2500.00.

Utility Body 1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

So what you bought is a 14 yr old pickup with no box. How can this be an alternative to a cargo trailer? That truck would make a great hedge or tree pruning tool, with the boom left on of course.

3. italianstallion69

italianstallion69 LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

ex uhaul- 3500 + tires + tune up 1000. low floor height
    14' of space plus overhead space above cab for fuel cans

not visible 5' jobox, rammer, saw, block splitter etc.

also typically hauls bobcat pallet forks around, shes slow up the hills for a v10!

4.10 rear end no locker. 6 mpg

drive it to jobsite, park it. move it to next jobsite one day of hauling straw.

of course last day of project everyone throws everything right at back and it looks like this....

4. DVS Hardscaper

The large lockers store and organize more than any trailer. And you can pull your trailer with skid steer at the same time. Age has little to do with anything :) Complete with NO payment book :drinkup:

5. zedosix

Thought you were takin all the boxes off?

6. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. DVS Hardscaper

HECK YEAH!! That's the way to do it! You don't have to stress about scratches, which in turn means you're not yelling at employees because they scratched it. No payment book, no one calling in February demanding 2 months of payment.

8. zedosix

If your work is anything like the way you keep house, it must be bad:laugh:

9. DVS Hardscaper

Correct. I was pretty clear in my post. The two tool boxes that are on top of the utility body, on the drivers side are coming off.

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

He'll yeah it'll run my saws. But you paid for the cherry picker, why take it off? Do Christmas lights or prank your neighbors.