1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Job site cargo trailers...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

a mini excavator? Is that transported in a open trailer or a enclosed trailer.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Enclosed. You simply remove the rops and remove the boom. DUH!!!

And EVERYONE'S $12/hr employees ALL smile ALL DAY LONG and LOVE their job as they push wheel-barrs up and down the hill.

PS: Hey look! I almost have 5,000 award winning posts!!!!!! Yiiippeee!!!!

3. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our mini excavator is used more than any other tool we have, and after I bought a bigger excavator it opened up doors to jobs we would have normally never even considered taking.
    As for the job trailer we had a 20' and it was to big so I sold it a couple years ago and now I miss having it so I might buy a 12-14' for next year. When I had the 20' I would leave it on the job if their was room. We are a small company (3 crews) and I think the trailer helped us be more productive and it made a nice billboard.

4. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Our trailers saved us a bunch of windshield time this week! It's a no brainer!

5. DVS Hardscaper

Drake - no pictures? pretty certain the only enclosed trailer you own is a mobile home. Show us these great trailers!

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:rolleyes: I do think it's like Devious said, if you have it it's the only way...

7. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

How come I am the only one that posted mine inside and out and don't even do hardscaping?

8. DVS Hardscaper

cause Drake doesn't have any trailers. Drake is full of himself.

This is the day and age of camera phones. Just ask Anthony Weiner.

I am curious how a trailer "saves windshield time"? I guess his guys sleep in it?

9. big daddy b

big daddy b LawnSite Member

We have THREE jobsite trailers, and a box van.
    just sayin'.

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

We have two cargos and they both are sitting on site now waiting for us to return to work. For all you newbies I think you can spend your money more wisely if you are limited with tools. But if you're serious about it and have a whole arsenal of tools, possibly multiple crews, they are definitely a timesaver.