Job site cargo trailers...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Like I said before. Trailer is delivered to job by designated delivery guy. Guys drive to job in their own cars. Get there at 7a.m. Punch in. Start work. Work until 6p.m. Punch out. Drive home. Not getting paid to drive to and from job at all. They have windshield time but I don't have to pay for it. And yes I do have 2 trailer homes:drinkup:. Both for hunting camps. One in MN and one in ND.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Impressive..... But I have a pair new socks

3. Drakeslayer

Not trying to impress anyone. Just trying to give some useful info for all the rookies who apparently use everything they read on the WWW. By the way, your sock are worthless unless they have a few holes in them....

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Drakeslayer- What types of trucks do your 2 delivery drivers use to mobilize all the equipment and trailers?

I utilize a very similar business model to drakeslayer. I feel paying window time is very unproductive. I work in north jersey where traffic is very bad. a 15 mile ride to the job could turn into a hour. Same with the workers drive from their home to the shop/yard. Makes much more sense for everyone to report to the jobsite except the truck drivers.

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

It seems like it would be much easier working out of a enclosed trailer. Much more organized, no excuses for forgetting something at the shop. You will have a rolling billboard. There is a lot of benefits for an enclosed trailer.

6. Drakeslayer

A picture of the trailers would be no different than a picture of your truck. It would have all the tools needed. I am speaking of the efficiencies of not having laborers driving from the shop to the job and from the job to shop everyday. Decreasing overhead and increasing profits. Every business is different but this is my experience.

7. Drakeslayer

A 550 and a peterbilt. 550 moves the enclosed trailers and the Pete moves skids and excavator.

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I thought all musk had was an old beat up dodge

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Zeo- I have made some upgrades in the last few months.

I bought myself a new F350 powerstroke. Then bought a International 4400 from a company that went out of business. Then I bought a Sterling with 50k miles and a nice talbert tag along trailer so I can tow a mini and skid at the same time.

Now i just need time to send everything to the painter.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

White? Yuck....