Job site cargo trailers...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jun 13, 2013.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I cant beleive this thread is still going.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Matt we love you

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Im surprised no one mentioned how much random stuff just gets put inside the enclosed trailer and stays there forever. When I used my 18' as a jobsite trailer I swear it must of weighed 10,000lbs.

4. DVS Hardscaper

Exactly. Same thing with our race trailer. I find stuff in there I forgot we had.

How bout all the crap in a work truck on the dash and in the door pockets?

But you know how them egos are, gotta have it!

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't go so far as too say a trailer equats to having a boosted ego. I would just say its an excellent working tool, just like having a float to float your equipment, or like having tile saws to cut brick instead of just using quick cuts. I started my business without any tools, I rented every piece of equipment including compactors. That was the first year, man we worked our butts off. I think I learned alot, and mostly that if you don't have the right tools you're taking too long to do the job. If someone was too just lay sod or just cut grass, then maybe a cargo trailer is overkill. But for this hardscaper, he can't do without it. Its just got nothing to do with ego

6. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

We have 6 enclosed trailers. Best thing we ever did. No more machines and tools bouncing around in the back of a heavy truck. (Or forgotten at the shop).

7. DVS Hardscaper

No tie down straps why?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Do any of you keep a small skid steer or walk behind in the trailers? If I get the pt30 I think I will get an enclosed to keep it in if they will hold the weight and use it as a tool shed as well.

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

We keep hydraulic wheelbarrows in there, they weight about 1/2 ton each, your pr 30 is about 3500 lbs, trailer will hold it but your door may not
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Man, I need to road trip up there and borrow that trailer of yours

A car hauler should hold it, that's about the weight of a car plus it's spread out on the tracks right?