Job site cargo trailers...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

I would love to but, I rarely see the trailers in the summer because they just go from job to job. No need to come back to the shop and load up miscellaneous tools. Each crew has everything they need in there. They even have microwaves to heat up the tacos.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

hey we have a microwave too for jobsites!

You don't go to the jobsite? No pic, then we're calling B.S! B.S, that's what it is! It's all B.S!

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Another great thing about cargo trailers is that when it rains there's a place to go and hide from the rain that's when you do the cleanup in the trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

I'm reminded of people with cars that are either paid for or almost paid for.

They'll get tired of getting 23 MPG, so they'll go out and buy a new car merely for the 31 MPG! LOL

But the money they're spending on the monthly payment costs more than the gas they're buying for their previous car!

Also cracks me up. Every time!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

On the positive side, it's good for the economy!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DVS Hardscaper

Also makes me think of when someone calls for a retaining wall. I get there and they say "I want a wall back here I'm tired of mowing this hill".

Ok, we'll build you a wall for $24k, but you can hire. Mowing service for $55 / mow
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Drakeslayer

My absolute favorite thing about enclosed trailers(with all tools needed for any landscape job) is the laborers never have to come to shop. Only windshield time we pay for is 2 delivery drivers(who mobilize 6 enclosed trailers and 6 skids and deliver all necessary materials). Our guys drive their own cars to the job and punch in when they get there. Can you imagine the savings!

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Where are you located drake? You seem to have a nice sized operation with some good systems

9. Drakeslayer

Minnnneeeeeesooooootttaa

10. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

I thought I would add to this thread because every one else has. I am in the excavating, site work business.
    Different then you guys but a lot alike also. We use cargo trailers because of the need for stuff you didn't even know you needed.
    I used to keep my tools in a pick up truck with tool boxes, still use the truck with the tool boxes but most everything is in trailer.

Every night when we would get back to the shop we would have to unload truck and reload truck for the next day. Then if we used the truck to go to a store for some reason we would be concerned than the demo saw, or gas can or something would be stolen out of the truck at some gas station.
    The trailers are 7 x14 used for around $2000.00 so not a huge investment and we would never go back. We also use a F450 flat bed truck with tool boxes as a daily driver for what ever that is worth.
    DSCN0021 (Small).JPG

cargo trailer 2.jpg

DSCN0233 (Medium).jpg

DSCN0021 (Small).JPG

cargo trailer 2.jpg

DSCN0233 (Medium).jpg