Job site repairs.!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Commando, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the biggest thing, you had to repair while on the job ...?
    Also, whats the most you can tackle on mower before, you hand it over to dealer..?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i cant think of any problem i would ever take to a dealer, now if it had a warranty on the mower obviously i would take it in. the dealer told me it was a huge ordeal to replace the pumps on my turf tiger, it was so easy i didnt even cuss or throw anything the whole time.

3. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

:laugh:
    LOL
    Luckily the biggest problem I've had is replacing belts. I just keep new in the truck. Unless it's warranty work I'll fix it myself. Most jobs are pretty simple on a z and I can get the parts from stens.

4. Turf Commando

Impressive, me on the other hand can change blades, oil, tires, belts <-maybe thats it...

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

About the only problems we ever have to fix out in the field on mowers would be belts and I think maybe once a loose blade and every now and then a loose bolt.

6. Replaced a muffler on a Z in the parking lot @ my mowers dealership.

7. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

my pride. :cry::cry:

8. Turf Commando

Guess that means you can't fix mower lol...

9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Just belts, and fuses. Not much else has broken without warning.

The biggest catastrophe was sinking a 52" ZTR in a customer's lawn in early spring. I couldn't get close enough to it with my truck, so I had to go home and get a little lawn tractor to pull it out.

That day sucked. Hard.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i guess the worst mower related repair/problem was when a wire to my fuel pump broke so i had to lay under it and touch them together to fill the carb, then drive it 50' closer to the trailer and do it agian until i got it loaded.