1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Job we just started...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

We started this job on tuesday. I always thought it be need if someone posted pics of the progress of a job every couple of days. So i think i am going to try to do that!

This is the largest job we have done so far. It will be an incredible job when completed. Way more time then normal went into the design and material selection phase. This is not your average job and you proably have not seen anything done like it before.

Here is the plan and some before shots.

Wolk1 030 [%P].JPG

Wolk1 010 [%P].JPG

Wolk1 034 [%P].JPG
  2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot LawnSite Member
    from nj

keep em comin! btw where are you located? im in passaic county.
  3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

definitly keep us updated!
  4. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

so far, I like the color scheme you used on the fire hydrant.
  5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How about some details?
  6. mrusk

Here are some pics.

First thing we did was rip up the asphalt driveway and load it into 5 15 yard containers.

Wolk1 023 [%P].JPG

Wolk1 032 [%P].JPG
  7. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that our cat mini?? Job looks awesome so far.....good luck
  8. mrusk

After the asphalt was loaded up, we started to excavate to move the driveway. We are moving the driveway away from the house 10 feet. We are also lowering the high of the driveway by up to 2 feet in some areas. The one side of the driveway is a 20% grade and we are bring it down to somewhere between 14-15%. This is the first job i have done with a full grading plan.

We have a couple more days of moving dirt. I got a tri axle lined up for 2 days next week. We are taking all the fill we remove to a jobsite we will need the dirt at in the spring.

Once we get the excavation down, we will start running the beligun block curbing and then get the driveway base rough graded in.
  9. mrusk

Forgot to attach the pics!

wolk2 002 [%P].JPG

wolk2 009 [%P].JPG

wolk2 018 [%P].JPG
  10. mrusk

Where we were moving the driveway 10 feet in the front we need to raise grade 2.5 feet in some places. So once we rip the pavement up we scraped up all the stone/base material and spread it in that area and ofcourse compacted. You can see this in pic 1 of the last set.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.