Jock Itch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PM Baker, Jan 22, 2005.

1. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

Here's the scenario: Work all day outdoors in Florida, come home and take a cooling shower, use lots of anti-bacterial soap, .... then go to bed.
    In the middle of the night I get itch attack on the testicles, ITCH ATTACK.This has been going on for years. Dermatologist told me to use anti-bacterial soap and live with it, it's Florida! Has anyone had a similar problem and totally solved it?

2. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

The best solution I have found is to apply some gold bond powdered before & after work. I usually only have a problem when I wear jeans in the summer months, must of the summer it's shorts.Hope this helps.

3. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

a handfull of corn starch, sudden service.

4. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Switch to boxers if your not wearing them and use the gold bond.

5. copoly1

copoly1 LawnSite Member

Cruex - it works like a charm.

6. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

What type of Cruex, spray, powder, or cream?

7. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

Cotton Boxers always ride up on me, and I also get chafing, which I don't get with briefs. Boxers also don't provide the security I like for heavy lifting. I use loose Docker type 100% cotton pants, but the boxers still ride up.

On another thread, someone suggested Under Armor boxer briefs, they are skin tight, and are not suppose to ride up. I ordered a pair (they're $19 each!), let's see how they work.

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Your pants are too tight if they ride up. I have been wearing boxers for 4 years - instantly solved ride up.

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Under Armor is nice, but $19 a pair....who can afford that. Have you tried wearing some regular Haynes boxer briefs? Much cheaper. Try the gold bond at night before you get into bed...... that should help.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Get yourself 2 small kittens (de-clawed if you prefer) and coat your nads with honey before bed. :cool2:

I couldnt resist. Sounds like there have been plenty of good suggestions above but one other thing you can try is Desitin. Yep the same stuff they use on the babies behind. It may be an adult version of diaper rash but I swear by this stuff.

Read my past thread;
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13592&highlight=desitin