1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Blue Pumps

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawnmasters, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a John Blue DP 139 pto driven pump for lawn spraying? I have a Hydra-Cell that has been rebuilt 4 times, I am chucking it. Curious if anyone has used John Blue

Thanks for your replies
  2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

What problems are you having with your hydra cell?
  3. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

The diaphrams keep blowing allowing chemical into the oil side of the pump. I picked up this truck at dealer who buys fleet trucks turned in after lease, the pumps were both blown. I rebuilt one, it blows the diaphrams sometimes 3 minutes after rebuilt, sometimes 30 days. I have talked to the factory, and some other people who rebuild them. I don't remember who, it's been a year since I looked into this. I am tired of spending 300 plus for a rebuild kit, and following instructions to a T and having it blow again. Soooo, I am off to another brand, unless I can find someone who can once and for all, tell me what the problem is,