1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deer crashed the Lesco party

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spray_man, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Just curious, how much ground does that bag cover? 5000 Sq ft ?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, they gave you a great price. I've been told potash was $300/ton last year, $1000 now and going to $1500 June 1st. Short supply

4. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I don't buy fertilizers there but I bought some herbicides from Lesco the other day and the prices were reasonable and within a couple dollars of what I paid last year.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

far as i know the only fert place to buy here is jdl and the new jdl/lesco stores. unless you go and get it at the box stores then.

6. bburian

bburian LawnSite Member

We only paid $19 a bag for Lesco Dimension with fert and we only bought 10 bags at that time.

Its just like sayin if you walk into a car dealership and say....give me a car...theyll give it to you for the sticker...

just make em sweat and they come down.

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Only problem with that analogy is... Does any one "trust" a car dealer? Does anyone "trust" Lesco like they used to? Not anymore.