John Deere 14SB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tulsapete, May 27, 2011.

1. tulsapete

tulsapete LawnSite Member

Can anyone provide some info on this mower? I bought it for $150 in running condition. It runs great, but I want to know of the best place to get parts for it.

Also, does anyone know if I can swap out the FC150 for a FJ180?

Thanks

2. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

The 14SB is the same basic mower as the JX 75/85 series. IMO, it is one of the finest 21" mowers ever made.

As for parts, you may be able to find what you need on ebay, otherwise a JD dealer is your best bet.

3. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

I think we can help you with that mower. With the model and S/N, I can look for any aftermarket parts on just about anything. Give me a call, 1-800-222-4303 ext. 124. I'd be happy to help.

THanks,
    Blake
    LandscaperPro

4. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Oh and if u give me the full model and spec # on the engine, I can look for a replacement Kawi engine for it as well.

Thanks,
    Blake
    LandscaperPro

5. tulsapete

The more I search the net, the more overwhelmed I am with the complexity of information.
    There is a bunch of info that is spread out in bits and pieces, but I don't know where to start. I think I may document the information for those who have earlier models.

My serial number is GX14SBX052317, but I have yet to determine where that puts me with parts because John Deere's website is throwing a bunch of errors when I try to add the mower to "My Equipment".

6. tulsapete

Fc150v-es00
    e/no:fc150va03451

7. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Hello, I'm checking on that engine replacement for you. I'm just waiting on my vendor for price and availability. I'll get back with ya.

8. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Hey Pete, spoke with Kawasaki and they did not offer a replacement engine for the FC150. Now we probly still offer aftermarket parts for your mower if u ever want us to look something up. Feel free to call up anytime or email. Blake@LandscaperPro.com.

Thanks,
    Blake
    LandscaperPro

9. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

this is a great mower. and like someone said earlier, one of the best walkbehinds ever made. and as for parts, just go to the dealer. parts arent too bad for those machines.