John Deere 2320 Brush Cutter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spencer087, Jul 13, 2009.

1. spencer087

spencer087 LawnSite Member

do you think that i can run a 5 ft brush cutter on this tractor? or should i stick with a 4 ft. i will be doing lighter stuff w/o alot of thick brush but with some rocks but i also wanna be able to use it to cut overgrown stuff also. What do you guys think?

2. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

stick with the 4ft. I have a 30hp kubota with a 5ft bushhog and even sometimes i can make it bog down. just my opinion though

3. spencer087

What are you cutting? and what kind of brushcutter? thats another thingi need helping choosing a company lol

4. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

just like strait grass. but like a foot to two feet that is thick. will slow you down. If you take it slow though you may be alright. the one we use is a rhino SE5

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

5 ft is a bit much for a 2320. We had a 4 ft for ours and that was enough. The extra foot will add a lot of strain to the powertrain and you'll have to go a lot slower.

6. spencer087

So basically the extre foot would just make it less productive than a 4 foot
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

most likely just because you'd have to go so slow to keep a good cut and to keep the engine from bogging down to much

8. spencer087

Ya I think ill go 4 foot. Like you said I wouldn't be ganing productivity maybe even losing it plus with a 4 foot I can cut heavier stuff and its slightly cheaper
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

correct. What kind of bushhog are you thinking about getting, and how do you like the 2320?

10. spencer087

Maybe a king cutter xb or a king cutter 4 ft standard? What are your thoughts on which cutter? And I love it. Its perfect for landscaping its compact to get on a trailer and around peoples yards without tearing anything up and its very powerful for its size. I've done stuff with it I never guessed it would do
    Posted via Mobile Device