john deere 235

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buster, Apr 14, 2002.

1. buster

buster LawnSite Member

Ii mow eight to ten yards a week, that average about 1/2 acre, and am looking at a new mower. i found the 235 to be about $5,000.00. I want a mower to last for several years, and be dependable. Do I need to move up to the Deere 325? Any sugestions or comments would be appreciated.

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as you have one that says JD on it. Not Sabre, you should be fine. I have not used the Sabre, but understand them to be a homeowner quality mower.
    As for lasting, my Dad has a JD 212 bought in 1979. Still runs good.
    And it has been rolled how many times, used as a bush hog for small brush, cut acres and acres of grass. Mowed weeds higher than my head. You get the picture. I put about 15 years on it. If it will last that long with me using it, it would last any body else half again as long. Maybe more.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

I just bought a new John Deere 325 and I love it! It did a wonderful job cutting the lawns. Many great features. It is the best machine that I ever mowed with.

With the information given by you, if you want a mower to last for several years and be dependable, then the 300 Series (now named as the GX Series, but still the same) would be an excellent choice. It would depends on your budget. If it is too much for you, then the GT would be a good choice too. But it would not last as long as the GX Series would do.