John Deere 320 loader hard to operate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rhittle, Nov 7, 2011.

1. rhittle

rhittle LawnSite Member

I have a JD 320 skid loader I have had for about 3 years. When I got it (used) the directional levers where hard to operate. They are extremely stiff and seem more stiff than when I first got it. I also have contol levers for the lift and curl that are also extremely stiff. I have heard a couple of other owners say this is normal but, would like to ask others if they have had the same problem and if anyone knows of a solution. I have Bobcats and Cat skid loaders and they are very easy to operate so I know its not normal for skid loaders in general.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what is stiff needs lube.

3. rhittle

rhittle LawnSite Member

Our shop mechanics did a complete service an found no grease fittings etc. Do you have a 320 or similar?

4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

i remember one of our machines needed that a few years ago. from what i understand, its normal. Maybe try calling the dealer... their service guys might point you the right direction. (if you catch them in the right mood)

5. rhittle

rhittle LawnSite Member

I tried but they must have been in the wrong mood. Probably because it's harvest season or was at the time. Thanks though. I will try again.

6. Skimastr105

Harvest season is hit or miss, and it sometimes makes a big difference what dealer you call. Some service departments are good, others, not so much. Try going into the store on a rainy day, when there aren't 100 farmers trying to fix their machines so they can get their crops ran.

7. rhittle

rhittle LawnSite Member

I'll try that. We have 3 mechanics at the shop but, they aren't all knowing about all things.

8. Skimastr105

i hear ya there. i do know your issue is somewhat common. like i said, our loader needed adjusting at one point several years ago (2005 model), and we leased a ct322 for a summer and that one needed adjusted as well.

9. rhittle

rhittle LawnSite Member

I think much of my problem with the dealer is that, except for Exmark mowers and a few gas powered equipment, we have mostly Bobcat and Cat skid steers and mini excavators and case backhoes. Just one lonely jd skid steer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have a 332 and i know it has zerks on the linkages. You have to flip up the cab.