John Deere 320

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wemfan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. wemfan

wemfan LawnSite Member

There are a couple of JD 320s coming up for auction in my area soon and I need a skidsteer so I am considering them. They are also currently for sale on machinerytrader.

JD320- 416hrs, cab, heat, air, bucket $24500

JD320- 383hrs, bucket $18500

Both are clean machines that went through the auction last month and didn't sell. What would be a good price to pay for these skidsteers? Anybody have any experience or opinions on the JD320? I am also considering a couple of Bobcat S185s in my area as well. Thanks...

2. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say 16-17k for non cab and 18-19k for cab unit...Our old style cab does not add much re-sale value.

3. bighornjd

bighornjd LawnSite Member

I'm on the Mason-Dixon line and just bought a used 320 about 2 months ago. I paid 20k from the local JD dealer. No cab but it has hand controls, suspension seat, and hyd. quick-tach and was under 200 hours with bucket and pallet forks. Probably could have gotten one a little less elsewhere but my local dealer is good to deal with for parts and service plus I was able to finance it easier through JD Credit. Hope this helps. BTW I've got almost 75 hours on it since I got it with no problems at all and so far am very pleased.

4. wemfan

wemfan LawnSite Member

Both of these skids have hand controls. I am hoping that I can buy one of them at auction for less than they are asking on machinetrader. The cab, heat and air should only add about $2000 to the price? As near new as these machines are I would think the difference would be greater? At the auction last month there was a shill bidder and they sold for $16500 and $22000, if I remember correctly. JDSKIDSTEER, I am assuming you must be a dealer since you said "our old cab style"?

bighornjd, I am glad to hear you like the machine. I only drove one around for a little bit but I liked the way it felt. I wasn't thinking John Deere until I drove one but I think that skid would work for me, as well. Thanks for the replies guys.

5. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I work for a dealer. We do not sell mant 320 hand controls here. Most are foot control...even since JD came out with EH controls.