John Deere 4100 Tractor HELP

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ToroLandscaper, Aug 20, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I was lookind through some ads in the paper today a came across a tractor for sale and it was a JD 4100 diesel 130 hours thats about all it said and it showed a picture would this a ideal tractor for landscaping etc.....I know they only have like 20-25Hp witch seems a little low. But the thing i like about them is they are compact. Do you think that one of these would be big enough to put a loader and backhoe atachment hoe on and scoop mulch and that kind of thing? ANY comments appreciated. BTW the tractor was 2 wheel drive i think and was $7,500

ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED THANKS

i know i put this in another thred but no one answered and i really need some replys fast before it gets sold becouse if this a good deal or a good tractor im goin to try to get it

2. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

oh yes. although im not a deere fan (kubota here) we have a 2350 kubota (25hp) it is definetly one of the best investments we have made. small and compact is the name of the game in residental work. they have plenty of power to do what you need. just make sure to match implements to tractor size. i have a 6 foot bushog that is really to big for this machine and will bog motor over if you go to fast. evrything else does fine. 5 foot tiller and pulverizer etc. im not putting down deere either, that 4100 is a fine machine, but my blood is orange not green.

3. strickdad

just re read your post, sorry. but if it is 2 wheel drive i would stay away from it. no bigger than the machine is 4 wheel drive is a absoulote must..

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah same here not a big deere fan and btw it is a 4 wheel drive the only bummer about the machin is that it cant handle a backhoe and that sucks.......yeah i would really like to go with kubota but deere is cheaper so i mite give it a try i am goin today to go to the dealer that has it while they arent open so i dont get bumbarded by salesmen

5. strickdad

yeah if its a 4 wheel drive id jump on it seems to be a good price.