John Deere 4310 with loader

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by HazellLawnCare, Dec 4, 2007.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am putting my John Deere 4310 with 430 loader up for sale. The tractor has 250 hours on it and has been kept inside since new. It is serviced at the Deere dealership and is ready for winter. My tax man wants me to do something different so I am moving up to a 4720. If it's not gone by Christmas I will trade it in. I will post some pics tomorrow.

2. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I know someone will ask.......price?

3. HazellLawnCare

$16,000 My dealer will give me $15,000 trade in and I know he will mark it up to $16,000 or $17,000. He is talking about keeping my tractor on his lot for a rental machine since it is in such good shape.

4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Thats a good price for a great tractor. Be sure to post what you think about the 4720. I might have to follow suit. What are you looking at cab or open?

5. HazellLawnCare

I would love to have a cabbed model but I worry about it being too tall for some of my landscaping work. What are your thoughts?

6. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Yea, I can see that becoming an issue. However I can count the the times I have dropped my bar on one hand. My biggest concern would be that expensive cab glass that can only be had through the dealer. It sure would be nice in the winter, summer, dusty conditions, you'd be comfortable, jamming to a good cd, on that air ride seat.

7. HazellLawnCare

Here is a pic. It was taken with my camera phone so it is not the best quality.

tractor1.jpg

8. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

I wish you were closer, I would those forks. Dealer wants $1200. I cannot justify that kind of money when all I pick up is light pallets (hydromulch, half pallets of stone) how much will that tractor pick up with the forks? Im curious because I have heard they pick up less with forks than a bucket because of the weight being farther forward.

9. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Tractor's in my expereince are not very good when it comes to unloading anything very heavy with forks, verus the bucket, where the weight is closer to the machine. We have a 2006 New Holland TT55 and it is a good tractor, but it can't move a pallet of retaining wall block, and can barely move a pallet of sod. Even though the loader is rated to pickup that much weigh up it really kick the tractors ***.

10. HazellLawnCare

The tractors arent the best at loading and unloading pallets but they do ok. I am moving into a bigger tractor just to have a little more lifting capability. I am keeping the forks for the 4720. The only thing that will be sold is the tractor, 430 loader, and the bucket. Everything else I will keep for the other tractor.