John Deere 575 Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cooter, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Does anybody know anything about these? They look identical to the older New Holland skids. I was just wondering what the specs were on such a machine. Do they have the same attach plate as the newer models?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I believe the model number is 5575. It is a smaller machine I don't have the capacity or ROC committed to memory. The Deere machines had Deere engines which most found better than the NH engines. Other than that they are identical to the NH and the attachment plate should work on most current attachments.

3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

we had a 7775 deere and i think it was a 6675 deere they lifted well.. they had a roc of anywhere from 1850 to 2000lbs.. problem was you couldnt see a dam thing out of them and they were to a$$ big

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:confused: Are you thinking of the NH 985/190 or the NH 885/180? The 7775 JD was the same as a NH 170, those machines have the best visibility of any skid. I have been at farm shows where they had the New Holland rodeo, of course it is going to show all of NH best points but they had a line and all brands backed up until they couldn't see the line and the Nh was real close compared to all others. If you lifted the boom up some you could see almost unobstructed.

5. mrsops

i had a 7775 deere about 10 years ago FARRRRR FROM THE BEST VISIBILITY WHAT SO EVER!!! sit in the machine couldnt see the corner of the buckets had to lean foward every 2 seconds couldnt see anything from the sides unless you lifted the arms up and you still couldnt see all that good. plus i do alot of grading in tight areas they were just to a$$ big

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:hammerhead: I had an extended lip Bobcat bucket on a NH665 and NH170 and it was the best grading skid in my experience, way better than my Case. It took me some time to get as comfortable with the Case and the restricted visibility.

7. mrsops

yeah i wasnt crazy about them. thats why i went back with bobcat

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: "you went back to bobcat"

what are we all doing on here past midnight anyway, did we all have too much to drink and not enough to do?:drinkup::drinkup:

9. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I think the 5575 are newer. The one I am inquiring about is older. Looks like the older 425 and 445 New Holland. They also seen smaller than the 5575's.