John Deere 647 stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have anything to say about this mower? How is that 7 iron deck JD makes? I would like to get a stander and I am looking at wright and JD at the moment.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Here ya go chad. JD 667 Its the 60" but very similar. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Good stuff. Thanks

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't used a stander, but I can tell you that you'll love Deere's 7 Iron deck. I use a Deere 757 and it is tough, dependable, and does a beautiful job. You'll especially love that deck on your Florida turf, especially St. Augustine( look at my avitar) and Bermuda. Some people say that Deere doesn't stripe as well as Exmark. . .I don't know because warm season grasses don't hold a stripe well anyhow. But I can tell you that I have yet to see as nice a cut as my Deere on these warm season grasses (not knocking the others - I like Exmark and use a Toro also). Also, I've been impressed with my local Deere dealers regarding parts availability and service. My advice, buy which ever mower you can get the best service with.

5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Kicka$$ is all i got to say about it. its fast and cuts good kinda awkward on hills i thought but told me it was just me. also oil changes are kinda "tight" getting your hands in and aruond the engine, but man could that thing bust some grass. whew it was quick and cut clean

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hands down deere will win with service.