john deere 667 standup mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dandavis, Mar 4, 2010.

1. dandavis

dandavis LawnSite Member

The dealer said that maintenance is tough with the stander style mowers due to everything being so compact. I just bought a new toro with a kawasaki fuel injected z and that thing is an animal. Toro is the bomb for your dollar!

2. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I had the 3100 4 years ago best ride poor cut I sold it 3 months after I bought it. I currently own a newer jd 777A and the cut is great and I was looking at the new jd 900 series but I prefer to stand so the 777A sits.

3. GGsimons

GGsimons LawnSite Member

I like to stand too but after 3 + hours of straight cutting on our Wrights I thought it would be nice to add a ztr to our fleet.

4. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I never have problems with the maintenance on the deere's but I buy new mowers every 2 years so I only change oil/filters, grease and belts if needed. I have never had any other problems with my mowers, the only other thing I have done is the dealer does a end of year service program.

5. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I understand but I have had 6 back surgery's and siting all day kills me standing feels better for me and the spring rubber mount platform helps me.

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

JD's stand on is a well built machine, seems light and nibble. The 7 Iron is a great deck on those!!!

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 647a and let me tell you is not good on hills. I'll take my 757 or 997 on a hill before that thing. If you get one, run the rear tire pressure a few pounds lower than recomended. Reason is it will kill your knees if you don't, at least it did mine and my fathers. we haven't ran ours in two years, dealers will not give you anything on trade for them here either. If I was to buy a new stander it would be Wright all the way.