John Deere 7 Iron Striping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMonster, Oct 9, 2004.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The tri-advantage might not stripe stock out of the box down there, here in my neck of the woods it lays down well defined stripes, without a roller.The tri-advantage pitched between 1/8 and a 1/4 inch , stripes our turf exceptionally well.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You are in Illinois though... not North Carolina...

Even the exact same variety of Turf Type Tall Fescue has different characteristics here... though you might get some stripes from it here if it was a shade lawn.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

See post #32

But with the roller installed and set low it stripes nicely.

4. sellers_jon

sellers_jon LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I would like to see som pic Envy of the right set up,and some of your stripes also.

5. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

HA HA! My 7 Iron stripes awesome. Just gotta know how to set up your equipment.

6. sellers_jon

from N.C.

ok well please tell some imfo about the setup

7. sellers_jon

from N.C.

ok Ive been messin around with my striping kit so maybe tommorrow ill see the turn out. Ive lowered the kit like everyone says hopefully I won't tear up some grass. Ill let everyone know the turn out. thanks for the inputs.Guys here where I live dont tell nothing figure out your self. luckly I found this site and ya'll help thank alot Sellers Lawn Care

8. GrassMonkey

GrassMonkey LawnSite Member

Sellers Jon

I have the 757 60 incher. I am in Belmont, NC and it stripes reasonably well but not great. I can tell from week to week the direction that I last cut but it does not leave much of a diamond pattern effect. However, I do find that the shorter that I cut a lawn the better the striping results - why, I don't know.

9. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I will try to get a pic. of my setup soon. What do you have your pitch set on your deck?

10. poonero

poonero LawnSite Member
    from ny

i dont know how to post pics but the one next to my name was done with a 657 no striper. i love the way it stripes.