1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John deere 737 54"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trentslawncare, Apr 27, 2004.

1. trentslawncare

trentslawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering what people thought about this mower. I am looking into buying a new commercial mower and want to learn some info. What is a good price for a new one around where I am, Wisconsin.
  2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Since you are buying a new one the price probably won't vary too much. I would call around to the dealers to find out which ones want to sell the most.
    As far as the mower goes, I have a M653 54", which was replaced by the 700 series. The only problem I have had was when I tried to change the engine oil the first time, some idiot at the factory had loc-tited the drain plug to the drain hose fitting. All of the 653s my dealer sold had the same problem. They had to lift the motor from the frame to take off the old hose and put on a new one.
  3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 737. love it. Had to make a stripe kit. It doesnt realy stripe well. They have the oil thing worked out. Its right there under the hood now. As for price, like Lombardi said. Should all just about be the same
  4. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I have 2 and love them both. Like chefdrp said, they don't stripe all that well "straight out of the box", but that can be fixed.
  5. indianamower

indianamower LawnSite Member

I just bought the 737 last Friday in Indiana and paid $6700. chefdrp, how did you make your stripe kit? I have noticed the 737 does not stripe well.
  6. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Any info on a stripe kit for the 737 54"? Also, for those with this mower, how does the grass look without a mulching kit? Mine seems a bit shoddy.
  7. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Was that purchsed at Henredn's in Franklin? I got mine form T.J. there.:D
  8. indianamower

indianamower LawnSite Member

Yes, I bought it at Hendren's. I originally spoke to Nick but when I went to buy he was out so I worked with M.E. So far I love it. Have you made a stripe kit?
  9. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Not yet. LS has had a few threads on this subject. I think I am going to try to make the chain style kit.
  10. I just bought a 757 60" 25 HP Kawi last week and it's awesome. Paid 7000.00 Plus tax and mulch kit. It cuts better than my 100 series Toro 52" and my Toro cuts great. The 737 should be just as good, same deck.