1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 737 or Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Jun 22, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

I want some opions on which mower you guys would choose!! The Deere with a 23hp Kawasaki 60 incher or the Z with 25hp Kawasaki with 60 incher?

THanks Marc
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 737 that I have been pleased with but the Hustlers are also known a great mowers even though I can't compare them since I have not tried a Hustler. However, I will NOT buy another deere because of the horrible dealer support in my area. What kind of dealer you have should be the most important factor no matter if you are buying a exmark/huslter/deere or any other model. If you have no support then it makes a good machine seem like a bad buying experience.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Where are you located and what type of turf are you mowing? I have a 60" Hustler (old deck style) and a 66" XR-7 deck. Unless the turf is extremely dry, the decks clog terribly. I have to scrape my decks some days 2-3 times a day. I have friends with 7-Iron Deeres and they never scrape their decks 2-3 times a month. :confused:

As far as "built well" and design, the rest of the Hustler machine is fantastic. But since I believe "you're only as strong as your weakest link", I'm probably going to buy Deere for awhile.
  4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never used anything but Deere but if I was to choose another brand, it woud be Hustler then Dixie. I have mowed anything from 2" to 24" and never scraped any of my 7 IRON decks....never! And they still cut day after day better than any other machine IMO. My dealer support is great, any other brand I would have to drive atleast 20 miles. If I have a problem, I just drop it at the dealer. I have never waited longer than 24 hours for repair work. So my recommendation, John Deere!:usflag: