John Deere 737 Z Track

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BobbyKnight, Apr 9, 2004.

1. BobbyKnight

BobbyKnight LawnSite Member

I have been in the market for awhile now for a new zero-turn mower. I have about 3.5 - 4 acres that I mow. Besides that, I take care of three other yards, along with the lawn around my dad's business. I want to know if the price that I have been quoted by my local JD dealer is a good price or not. What I am looking at is a John Deere 737 Z-Track w/ a 23 horse Kaw. engine, 54 in. deck. They have quoted me $6700. Also, if this is just a starting point, what should I try to work them down to? Lastly, will this mower be a quality mower for doing all of this work? Thanks for the help that anyone can give me.
  2. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

sounds like agood price to me... i paid 7600 for my 757
  3. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good price
    go for it
  4. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Go for it!

I just purchased the exact same mower. I got a slightly better price because I have purchased enough to be part of their Greenfleet Program. But had I not, that $6700 would have been the price. And I went to two dealers and three salespeople; that WAS the best price out of the three!

Good Luck with the JD equipment... it is nice.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yup, that's a good price. Slightly lower than here in NH.
  6. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

go for it! i bought the same machine last spring for $7,400 total with tax.its about the right price.
  7. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I now have 2 and love them! Oh, by the way, Great Service for the commercial guy!