John Deere 737 Z Trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slimart01, Feb 27, 2007.

1. slimart01

slimart01 LawnSite Member

I own a 737 z trak mower and I am thinking about purchasing the 3 bag (14 bushel) collection system for mainly removing leaves this fall. If anyone owns the 737 and collection system please give me your feedback of its performance and your personal opinions. Also, if you are running the gator blades (mulching blades) with the machine, how do you feel about them and the collection system? Do they reduce the volume of leaves/grass?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think John Deere is a bit underpowered. Other than that I'm starting to like them more. Seems like a strain to use a collection system on a 737 but I have no first hand experience.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

4. duke & sons

duke & sons LawnSite Member

I have a 737 with the 3 bag unit. I bag only in the fall. I have had the 3 bag unit for 3 years. I bought the new horizontal blower for it this year. The new blower is awesome. I could not plug it in thick wet leaves and pinestraw.
    I would highly recommend it.

The 737 has plenty of power to bag. Make sure your rpms are in the 3750 range with the blades engaged.

I do not use gator blades for bagging. I found they do not have enough lift. I use medium lift blades discharging and bagging.

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Check the meg mo blades and you will not have to use the bagger any more.

6. slimart01

thank you all for your reply's and any future reply's, I'll look into different blade styles and their lift ratings. thanks again

7. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 14 bushel Deere bagger for my 737. It does a great job. Have only clogged the unit once. The only problem I have is lack of power. It will bog down big time with the 23 kaw. I just had a new 28 horse kaw. put on it this winter to help with the power problem. But other than power very happy with it.

8. slimart01

when you say bog down, you mean it loses power and the machine slows?

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Is the 28 Kawasaki you put on the same engine Exmark is using this year. It's a new model if I understand correctly. If they would put that engine on the 757 it would be a lot more interesting to me.

10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly thats my problem with it not enough engine options but a great deck