John Deere 737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kturf, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

Hello Guy need some help Just got a quote on a new John Deere 737 with a 54 inch deck and 23 hp the Dealer quote was 6500.00 is that a good deal its a 2005 but doesn't have the ROPs or the canister filter system

For sale Exmark 48'' walk behind in NC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale 2003 Exmark 48 " metro walk behind with velkey used one season has about 45 hrs on it used by homeowner.1750.00 obo call or pm at 336 280-3074

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Kturf, my 737 with a 60 inch deck was 6600 last August. That is not a bad price though. BTW one dealer quoted me 7700 for a 737 with a 54 inch deck.

3. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

Thanks i had a another dealer quote me the same 737 for 7300.00 he was such as a/// wont buy from him any way i gave him a chance to meet the other price he told me to leave his store and good luck getting service As others have said here the dealer makes a lot of difference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale 2003 Exmark 48 " metro walk behind with velkey used one season has about 45 hrs on it used by homeowner.1750.00 obo call or pm at 336 280-3074

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Kturf, the dealer that quoted me 7700 when I took my mower in to get some warranty work done copped an attitude. The salesmanager that I tried to buy the mower from came out and commenced to chew me out. Said I needed to take the mower back where I bought it from. It was priceless when I pulled my cell phone out and called JD and filed a complaint on him with him standing there LOL I will never go back there again! What a a@@hole he was!

5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

This just goes to show ya (Everybody) how important dealer support is.
    Any reputable dealer should make every attempt to match another dealers price. Ongoing dealer support is part of what you are buying when you purchase new equipment. If they seem like they have an attitude or are not going to accommodate your needs shop elsewhere. That is great that you filed a complaint while you were standing there. I don't know the current prices on any of the JD equipment other than whats posted on there site. Last year I paid $9093.00 w/tax for my 777 w/60" deck. From what I have seen on here and heard from other guys that was a pretty good price. I shopped at two other dealers, and neither of them would touch the price. One of them even went as far as saying that all I was getting was a cleaned up demo from my dealer, and that he guaranteed It was not a new machine. I knew right away this guy was full of SH**, and I walked. BTW his lowest price was $1200 more than what I paid. The price I got from my dealer was quoted to me approx 2 months before my purchase and before steel prices went up.
    Still they honored there quote and I got a NEW machine. They have also been very good with parts and service for all of my John Deere products.
    To make a long story short, whatever you buy make sure that you are comfortable with the dealer as they are going to be a very vital part of your operation.

Jason

6. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

any other thoughts on this price

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Last fall I was shoping for a Z and a 737 was $6000, giving inflation and steel prices I think that the price is in order

8. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

i just got a quote on a jd 777 with a 72 inch yesterday for 9475.00.
    is this a good price or not?

9. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

Thats about what I've been quoted on one my dealer said 9700.00

10. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a very good price to me. My 757 with 60" deck and 25hp was $7400.