1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 757

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLCS, Jun 17, 2004.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My latest addition to my equipment, 2004 757. Now all I need to do is make a ocdc for it and put on some Meg Mo blades.:)

06172004 001-2.jpg
  2. alldredge_2008

alldredge_2008 LawnSite Member

Nice Mower! Will you be able to put both mowers on ur trailer?
    (Sorry what a dumb question) I like the look of it. I have a John Deere commercial string trimmer and it has been a very good piece of equipment. A lot of LCO around here have John Deere. :blob3: :blob3:
  3. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

Very nice,...I run a 2003 737 54" and haven't had a bit of trouble with it,..I am going to have to make another addition next season and am seariously considering either a 757 or a JD front mower to cut down on trimming time. Any advise? JW
  4. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

maybe stupid but what is a ocdc??

still green
  5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

operator controled discharge chute
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, I like it, I like it. Nothing runs like a deer, except someone being chased by the cops...
  7. blankenshiplawncare

Thank you. That was one of many acronyms I will learning on this site.
  8. blankenshiplawncare

BTW, would love to have the big brother to mine. Nice machine...
  9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Do you feel comfortable with the pump set up on the 2004 JD 757 ? That is my only concern with the 2004. It does not have 2 separate pumps.

I like the 7 Iron deck and liked what I saw of the 2003 models, but the 2004 is a different machine, in terms of frame and hydraulics, at least.

I demoed one, but couldn't get a good feel for it because it was completely out of adjustment from the deck (pitch)to the engine (the 25 Kawi had no power; had to be an adjustment/tuning problem as this was a new mower on it's first lawn). I was cutting almost 3 weeks growth, and mulching, so the mower didn't have a fair chance...but that deck is unreal ! After plowing through an acre of very damp grass (at a $550,000 property) which would stall the 25 Kawi, even at a crawl, the deck was perfectly clear ! I mean there was no, ZERO, grass stuck to that deck!

I'm going to find a new '02 or '03 JD 54" on the Kees platform with the 7 Iron deck (or buy an Exmark or Hustler).
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

The other one in the picture is a 2002 757 and its the exact same as the 2004 757.