1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 777

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpmako, Aug 3, 2004.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got it today.

2. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Very nice! I know you have got to be thrilled!!!! I hope to have one in my future but I think my next mower will be the JD Quik-Trak 657. Did you consider a stander or the 757 and if so why the 777? Just curious because it might help me decide.

I can't wait to move up from the sulky.
  3. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm jealous. Maybe one day I'll have that big of a JD.
  4. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats, JP! Awesome machines, aren't they?

Good for you!
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats mate, great lookin' cuttin' thang you have there, hope it earns you heaps!
  6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

They look like great machines. Are there any dealers in Rockland?
  7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

The John Deere 777 is an great machine.
    I cut with it all day today and it saved me a lot of time on some of my bigger lawns. The only thing is that going from a 48" w/B to a 60" deck is kin do of rough. I seem to be getting lost in my old stripes.

The reason that I got this machine is because I have two bad knees. I did look very closely at the JD Quik-Trak 657 and it looks like a great machine. If im paying that much $$$ I am going to sit.

One day Buddy, Just keep crankin out the lawns. It took alot of kicking myself to actually go and purchase this bad boy.

I am now part of the club. I am glad that I waited for this instead of the other machine that I was looking at (Everide Warrior)
    Only one problem with the machine so far. where the fuel tank is there are two rubber grommets one for the fuel and the other looks like a breather or something. well from the breather one, it is leaking fuel. I am assuming that the grommet is broken, and will call the dealer tommorrow to see what can be done. Are you having any problems so far?

Thanks Mate!
    I also took the Toro into consideration, but I have some JD equipment and so I guess that I am partial to the green...

No there are no dealers in Rockand as of yet I don't know where you operate out of but I was told by a friend of mine that Mikes Power Products in Stony Point will become an authorized dealer somewhere around September. I purchased this Machine from Chester Valley Equipment in Chester NY.

Thanks all for the replies

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats. i have a 737 and like it too
  9. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Sweet! I believe that would compliment my Walker just nicely. Maybe one day...
  10. PbInvestor

PbInvestor LawnSite Member

what did that set you back?