John Deere 855 - Good Machine?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by wilsonbh, May 24, 2007.

1. wilsonbh

wilsonbh LawnSite Member

I'm looking at several different tractors, each with a loader. This John Deere caught my eye. It has a diesel and looks to be in pretty good condition.

Anyone have a John Deere 855 and can comment on them? Thanks!!

Billy

2. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson LawnSite Member

The first tractor I ever owned was a 955, which is the same thing as an 855, only with a bigger motor. It was a very dependable machine, and served my landscaping business very well. I used it for mowing, and light dirt work on seeding jobs. I had the turf tires and you could drive all over a lawn and not leave a mark. Looking back I'm sorry that I traded it off because it was so handy for the small jobs.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

The 755, 855, and 955 Deere's were outstanding tractors. If you can find one that's been well maintained, it's most likely a good bet for a used tractor.:)

4. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

i'd raqther use it than his JD 4600.

5. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

A friend of ours has a 755 with a loader and numerous 3pt attachments. The guy that owns it beats the crap out of it, I havn't been to rough on it but far from nice and it still runs and works perfect. He does have the turf tires so it makes digging a bit harder but leaves no marks on grass.