John Deere 855

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by rfg1944, Dec 7, 2006.

1. rfg1944

rfg1944 LawnSite Member

Want to put a ball hitch on the front of my 855 to move boat in and out of water rather than backing it in and to make it easier to put boat in garage as wife sometimes uses it. Anyone have an easy solution short of welding one up.

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

drill hole in loader bucket install ball

3. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

You can also make a clamp (like what is used to attatch pallet forks to the bucket) and drill through the clamp. Backing a trailer up with a tractor is really easy IMO, why not just use the drawbar?

4. rfg1944

rfg1944 LawnSite Member

I do not have a loader on the tractor which would be an easy fix to put a ball there. Backing up is ok for me but tough for wife looking over her shoulder as it is a tight fit through basement garage door (about 4 incles clearance either side) and I am trying to solve a small problem before it becomes a bigger one. Clamp on may be best solution

5. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

With no loader it is a little harder. Are you good with a welder or know someone who is? I am sure that you can fab up some sort of drawbar for the front.

6. rfg1944

rfg1944 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I can weld ok not great. Now if I can just remember to disconnect the battery before welding I will be in great shape.