John Deere 910A 48 inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WLC26, Apr 20, 2011.

1. WLC26

WLC26 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here, so please be gentle. I just traded in a toro timecutter 4200 for a 2011 JD 910A with a 48 inch deck. I have just under 100 properties, averaging from 100 sq. feet to 10 acres. I hope that the new deere is a good investment. Here in canada, it ran me just under $9500 with tax.

Anyone here have one, and how do you like it ?

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that's a great mower. i think you will be happy with it.

3. magilla12

magilla12 LawnSite Member

I have a Z925A and love it, you made a good choice.:weightlifter:

4. WLC26

WLC26 LawnSite Member

Awesome, thanks guys.

2 quick questions:

First, do you guys have a striping kit, and do you find this machine stripes well?

Second, I have a property that needs to be cut super super super short. I demo'd the 910 the other day, but it didnt seem to cut nearly as short as my 4200 timecutter, even when at the 1.5 inch setting, which is the lowest the timecutter goes to as well. It was riding on the anti scalp wheels though, so hopefully if those are raised up, it will lower my cut height a fair bit. I actually put that into my purchase agreement,that it has to cut short enough, to my satisfaction prior to payment. I havent even picked it up yet. I get it next week. Just in time!!

5. magilla12

magilla12 LawnSite Member

You will need to raise your anti-scalp wheels to cut that short, can't say about the stripes.

6. WLC26

WLC26 LawnSite Member

Ya im just hoping that it cuts short enough with the scalp wheels raised up. Thanks for the reply.

7. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you're gettin paid well for that property. Seems like a real pain to change all the anti-scalp wheels just to mow one property. You should love the mower! The 900 series from JD are really fine mowers. Looks like I will be using a demo 925A with MOD deck this Friday. Tried a 925A with standard 60" deck last year and it was one nice mower. The handling is top drawer and the cut is excellent!!

8. WLC26

WLC26 LawnSite Member

Well i think its a fair price. It pays about $130.00 and took me 40 mins with my timecutter. I figure 30 mins with the 910Z now. The timecutter was a dog compared to the 910.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they come set up with the anti-scalp wheels all the way up here...the highest hole...there are 3 holes for adjustment.

10. John deer Z

John deer Z LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 925A with mod deck.54". I love mine!! You will be pleased with your purchace!!!!. What size engine do you have?