John deere 925a leaving clumps when mulchig

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B-2 Lawncare, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I know they watch this site and I hope they don't try to steal my idea that I have posted here on LS several times along with pictures. I'll see them in court if they do.

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Be happy you at least have one of the best known name brands (of eqp) in the world! If it was a lesser known (newer company) you'd get replies like:
    1) "You get what you pay for"
    or, 2) "that's why they sell them cheaper"
    or 3) "things that make you go hmmmmm".

:laugh::drinkup:

3. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought the same thing on a couple of ideas I had in two different fields. Both were after a few years on the market. Had all the prints, photos etc. Lawyer said unless I applied for or had a patent that was dated I was chit out of luck.

4. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

What idea was that? Can I have a link to thread? Just curious.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I've posted the pics many times of the extended baffles I made for my MOD over the last year and a half or so. I'm not sure where the posts/pics are at, since they weren't in threads I started, but they go back to last year sometime. You could try a search of threads regarding mulching or Deere 900's I guess. I've also posted the results I get with them many times.

6. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

So did it work when you added on to your baffles?

7. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting, I wasn't aware you did this.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I've never had any clumping issues like you, but when I made the new baffles, it made a huge difference in the decks ability to mulch grass or leaves without leaving a windrow. I can still discharge under normal conditions with the new baffles and leave a nice cut behind, but if the grass is super thick and/or long, I have to double cut to get rid of any clippings left on the surface.

Here is a link to me using the deck set up with the wavy mulchers and new baffles-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4793891&postcount=344

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I think you simply may have forgotten. I know we chatted a little bit in at least one thread where I posted about dong it.