John Deere 925A w/Kohler 27HP EFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rreyn1812, Jun 30, 2011.

1. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the confusion the 11700 price this was a dealer 125 miles away for a 925A MOD not the 997. My local dealer quoted me almost 13k out the door for the 925A 54'' MOD. I would be scared to know how much they wanted for a 997. They even tried to sell me a used 910A with 200 hours on it for $7900.00 I thought they were crazy.

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

:laugh::laugh::laugh: wow

3. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

With the reliablity record they have had with Yanmar engines, there is no reason they should use Kubota or any other brand. I agree with you on the Kubota engines being great. I have used lots of equipment with Kub engines with nothing but praise, however there is no fact that makes Kubota "the best diesel engine". They are indeed one of the best, as is Yanmar.

A Z925 54"Mod with kawasaki can be had for right at 10,000 + tax right now in my area.

4. tuffram

It amazes me how much prices vary from area to area on commercial mowers. In my area, Kubota is priced very well. I have seen people with the Kubota ZG 222 that have paid over 8K for theirs. I paid 6900 out the door for mine. I can get a Scag or Hustler cheaper than a JD in my area. Exmark and JD are priced about the same.

5. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

Very true. I have noticed dealer pricing policy varies greatly. Some choose to sell on volume, and some try to make the big margins.

6. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

I wounder how munch a brand new 910a is?

7. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

Mid to low 7's.

8. tuffram

I did not price the 910A at my dealer but I’m sure they are more than 7K.

9. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

Based on your other quotes, I'm sure it is more than that at your dealer. This is in my area. Shop around, and you might have to drive a little to get the best deal.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

z910 with 54" deck was $7250 here...this is without the mod deck