John Deere 930M

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by frameslawn, Mar 6, 2014.

1. frameslawn

frameslawn LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just ordered 2 Z930M's with the 60" STD 7 Iron Pro Deck both equipped with the new premium suspension seat. I went with Kawasaki FX engine (25.5 HP). They should both be in by next week and I will be posting a review of the units soon.

2. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Do you mind telling the price you got on these with tax? I was quoted $9953.77 for a 930M with ISO seat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. benelli_t

benelli_t LawnSite Member

Hello!

I am thinking of a 930m too. Currently I am debating between it & the Kubota 227.

I have been quoted 8,550 for the 930 without the suspension seat & 8,600 for the 227.

I would really like to see reviews on both these mowers. Very tuff decision ! They both look tuff as hell.

4. viking72

viking72 LawnSite Member

Get the suspension seat!
    Later,
    Doug

5. benelli_t

Can anyone comment on the ZG 227 compared to the 930m?

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Congrats! I think you'll be plenty happy with them. I know you'll like the cut (but then again, you already know that). The suspension seat will be nice to have after not having it on your other machines. I couldn't believe the night and day difference in ride after adding the suspension seat insert kit to my 950.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Can anyone say what a 920M with Susp seat will run (54" deck)?. I am thinking ballpark $8K?

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I called the local JD guys, who happen to have several very big dealerships, and are always within a few bucks of, or have the best deals anywhere around this area.

A new Z920M with sus seat and 54" Pro deck is $9150 + tax (3% discount for cash customers)

A new 930M with 60" Pro deck and sus seat is $9750 + tax (3% discount for cash customers)

9. benelli_t

I stopped by and test drove the 930m again...really like the feel of it.

Can anyone comment on the hydrostatic transmission & the shaft driven deck on the Kubota vs the tuff torque transmission and the belt driven deck on the JD?

These two are my biggest hang ups right now.

10. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Belt is cheaper and easy to replace.