John Deere 997

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by howardw1, May 10, 2006.

1. howardw1

howardw1 LawnSite Member

BOUGHT JD 997 today awesome machine ,great power.THE 7 -IRON DECK CUTS GREAT.

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations on your new Deere. I demoed one but didn't buy it. Liked the way it felt, but didn't like the rops. The Yanmar diesel in my 4700 JD tractor has done real well. Always starts, never have to use the glow plugs, don't use any oil(none), and don't leak anything. My John Deere dealer has always had what-ever parts I needed or was able to get them in 24 hours. My 318 lawn tractor is 17 years old and they still stock parts for it. I'm currently running Scag mowers, but I'm still a John Deere fan.

3. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Congrats on the new MAJOR purchase. And also to the Deere club, that is if you dont already own one! Post a pic of the bad boy! Keep us updated.

4. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

How is the New 997 working out. I think next year or this fall I may get two of them. I bought two 757's this year and love them.I think when deere raised the blade tip speed it may have just made the 757's a tad bit underpowered. But the cut is the best cut I have ever seen in every type of condition. These have been the best mowers I have ever owned. They are not the fastest and most powerful but they cut great. They discharge grass unlike and other mower on the market. We also have an 03 XT3200-72 and an 05 Lazer XS72 that I would like to sell and get a couple of more deeres.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

For toughness, service, quality all around, nothing -NOTHING - beats deere. I run a 595, 495, and 11 year old 455 - Just go mow every day - all day - Give them a likin, and they keep tikin. I sold a 332 (yanmar diesel-1988 model) at 5000 hrs. it was still like new.

6. howardw1

howardw1 LawnSite Member

The 997 is really working out great on these large properties we are mowing.The Yanmar diesel really sips the fuel compared to the m665s with 25 kolher gas engines.It is very easy to service compared to some of the other mowers.

7. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Congrats, A truly great machine. I wouldn't trade mine for two of anything else.