1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere B/P Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fivestar, May 27, 2002.

1. Fivestar

Fivestar LawnSite Member

Anyone have a JD B/P 40,50,or 60. what do you think of it???
    The JD specs says 672 cfm on the 50. Not bad but I would like to hear what one or more of you think of it.
    Thanks Fivestar
    : :cool:

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Hey old thread thta no one replied to ??? I was just looking into the JD back packs and they seem to have the same specs as the Red max.. EB7000 is 201 mph, and so is the BP60..... ANyone use the JD back packs and what did you think of them , able to compare to the RM's ??? Pleas let us know.... Thanks
  3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Have/use a JD BP50, no problems at all. Best starting 2 cycle of all, does seem to drink more though.
    More than enough power to move anything I need it for, from normal clipping clean ups to 3' piles of leaves, gutter clean out, etc. Remember, the 672 cfm is measured w/o tubes.

Demoed a BP60, couldn't tell enough difference to pay any more.
  4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

BP50. The Kawi engine starts VERY easily. I agree it does drink a lotta gas though, but well worth it. If I had to buy one now it'd be the BP60, just for the sake of knowing I have the biggest (which the 50 was when I bouht mine). But it looks like my BP50 will be around for many, many years. It is very smooth and has a belt strap (I don't know if other brands have it??) that you can buckle when you have to use it for extended periods, which really saves your back. Very happy with it.
  5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i bought the bp50 new 2 years ago and had it for a month and a half before it was stolen. i really liked it even better than my shin blowers.
  6. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

i use a bp 60 that starts second pull every time.very quiet kawa motor,
  7. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Which begs the question, what have you been using since then?
  8. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Maybe his Shin. blowers? Just a guess
  9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

sorry for being unclear, yes i do still have 2 shin b/p blowers, eb480 and eb500. still run great i just kinda liked the power and the setup uf the deere.
  10. above all

above all LawnSite Member

My JD BP starts like my Husky BP. First pull ever time w/choke on. Both have same Kawi engines and power. Use fresh gas and oil. Good luck. My Kawi 5 and 6 hp on my JD 21's run strong as well.