John Deere Blower BP60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Watkinslawnservice, May 28, 2005.

1. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Is this blower very powerfull? Does it compare to my Echo BP 610? Is this the most powerfull blower that JD makes?

Thanks

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I can't answer your question but have a thought. The JD dealer in my town carries Echo and I noticed how similar they looked. I remember wondering if Echo makes their stuff? I can't remember what product it was but it really looked similar.
    Btw, how much for the 48 Scag? Got any pics?
    And I'd like to see a pic of that stainless steel trailer! How much did that set you back? Did you mean stainless or aluminum?

3. Watkinslawnservice

I don't think Echo makes it because (I know someone will correct me if I am wrong but) JD bought out McCullah or some company like that.

I would like to get $800 for the Scag. I bought it at an auction this spring and I decided that I don't like the pistol grips. Mainly because I am 6' 5" tall and with pistol grips I am constintly hunched over. So I just bought a used Great Dane Surfer and love it. I have pics of the scag. Runs really good, starts on 1st pull every time!

My trailer was homemade by another LCO and is supposedly Stainless steel. Only thing that makes me wonder is that it is painted. I didnt think you could paint stainless. But I know 1 thing, it is HEAVY!

Scag behind.jpg

Scag Engine.jpg

Scag L side.jpg

Scag side R.jpg

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

From Deere site
    Features
    Powerful 59.2 cc Kawasaki 2-cycle engine
    Provides 201 mph (323 km/h) maximum air velocity
    517 cfm maximum air volume with tubes; 740 cfm maximum air volume without tubes
    Primer bulb for easy starting
    Electronic ignition for low maintenance
    Large muffler for quiet operation
    Adjustable, extra-wide padded harness and shoulder straps provide greater comfort
    21.8 pounds (10.2 kg)
    67.6 ounce translucent fuel tank for visibility
    Pistol-type throttle on the end of the tube for easy use
    Not for sale in California
    From Echo site
    Model Engine Displacement (cc.) Carburetor Pro-FireĀ® Electronic Ignition Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) See-Thru Fuel Tank Helper Handle Average Air Volume* (cfm-pipe)
    PB-610 58.2 Diaphragm w/Purge Pump STD 64 STD STD 530
    Average Air Volume** (cfm-housing) Max. Air Speed* (mph) Dry Weight+ (lbs.) C.A.R.B. Dry Weight+ (lbs.) Warranty
    900 185 24.1 N.A. 2 yr. consumer 2 yr. commercial 90 day rental

Fairly close. Wish the specs gave fuel consumption.

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

john deer bp60 59.2 cc engine echo pb651 63.3
    201 mph 205 mph
    517 cfm 620 cfm
    dont know what a jd goes for ,but the echo cost me 439.00 plus tax and i love it cfm is really what you want ,if you really what the mac daddy of blowers go with redmax 7001 or 8001 there cfm is up near 800

6. Watkinslawnservice

Yeah what I really want is a Redmax 8000 but I was just trying to see if I could buy locally. I have an Echo 610 and it works fine but I know I will never buy anything any less powerfull than that. I might start buying mostly JD equipment just because it is local. I really like the stand-on mowers so I will demo a quick track next time I am looking to buy. If I ever decide to buy a sit-down ZTR it will probably be a JD. Trimmers I dont have any preference as long as it has ample power, so I feel the JD trimmers would suit me fine. The blower is what I am just not sure about. I also probably wouldn't buy a JD walk behind just because I don't like pistol grips and that is all they offer. I don't use a walk behind much anyway but I prefer the t-bar on the toros.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

its the same as the kawasaki 700 its a good blower too

8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

JD bought out Homelite a few years back, Jenn something in Taiwan bought McCulloch in about 2000.

JD blowers are made by Kawasaki I think, their chainsaws are made by Efco, which is a good brand made in italy. I have NO clue who makes their trimmers, probaly kawasaki.

9. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

DONT buy it

While I run ALL John Deere Mowers I have also used and owned there blowers and for the cost of them I was VERY dissapointed

I in fact had a BP 50 first for 2 years and then bought a BP 60 and kept it 6 months before I went and bought a Redmax 7001 2 years ago and needless to say I now have 3 7001s on my trucks and the BP 60 is at my dads house and he will use it about once a week or so.

John Deere needs to quit making there product in Mexico at the Homelite plant before they can play with the big dogs

ALSO every Bp50 or 60 I have had has had problems with Fuel leaking out of the tank when you sightly bend over or backward

10. Watkinslawnservice

Homelite!!! thats the one. I knew McCulloch was wrong when I typed it but I knew someone would correct me, Thanks