1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Commando, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the deal, nobody ever speaks about their backpack blowers ...?
    To expensive and your paying for the name...?
  2. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

9 of my 10 mowers are John Deere.
    I use to have a deere weedeater, that was great.
    I bought one 3 yrs ago, and it vibrated too much. I turned it back in to the dealer, and they gave me a new one. It vibrated too much too. Your arms hurt after running it.

I've been buying Stihl ever since. between weedeaters, blowers, saws, I own 10 items, and praise thier quality.

One bad experience with Deere, pushed me away from their portable tools.
  3. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using the BP45LE and the only thing I do not like about it is that it is too small for some of my jobs.

I will keep it but I am also buying the EB8510 so while I love all of my JD 2 cycle gear the biggest back pack they make is not the biggest on the market and so I have to go to another brand.

Same deal when I trade my 36 belt G15, I will probably go with whatever Choo Choo has for a Stand on be it Gravely or whatever because they have about the best dealership I have found next to the dear dealer and the dear dealer doesnt have a 36" hydro WB or stander so they are of no use to me.....

Hope this help, they blower I have is great just not big enough.