john deere blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by capescaper, Aug 26, 2003.

1. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

I am looking for some feedback on John Deere commercial backpack blowers. How do thry compare to stihl, echo, etc. Thank you for your info.

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

capescaper I have all JD BP Blowers I have BP60's. I love them. I use to have Redmax and had a 6200 from them and they are about equal. Redmax and Echo have the most powerfull BP's. Redmax's is the 7000/7001, and I am not sure what Echo's is but they are very powerfull. Don't get me wrong the JD is more than enough power for anything.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a BP50. The Kawi is very easy to start and runs very smoothly. I don't know this for sure, but I've heard Kawasaki makes the JD blowers. They didnt' have the BP60 when I bought mine, but I'd go for the 60 if I had to buy one again. I don't know how they compare to other blowers, because I haven't used any in a while, but I'm very happy with all my JD stuff.

4. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a BP50, no problems.

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Just buy a new Z-Track and get one free.

6. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I've run a BP-40 for four years and it has been no problem.

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Wish they'd had that deal when I bought my 757.:rolleyes:

8. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

have a 2 year old bp50, starts 2nd pull everytime. I have always been able to trust this blower

9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Have BP50, no problems at all. Super easy starts, plenty of power. Was surprised at how thirsty it is though. But after using a while, found that it gets best fuel consumption when run wide open all the time.
    Use it for everyday clean up after lawn service and can wrangle whole yards full of leaves.
    BP60 is available, tried it out, but couldn't tell enough difference to pay any more.

10. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have run a BP50 all this season and have had no problem and it blows like a Hurricane. All My small gear is John Deere and I always run mine wide open.