John Deere brand Harley Rake

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jan 23, 2010.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Who makes them?
    Are they okay?
  2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Palladin Brands (Bradco, FFC, etc.) make the majority if not all of John Deere's skidsteer attachments. Though I have not run one myself other than for a few mins at a demo, I have not heard anything bad about them.
  3. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

I have a CAT PR190 which is a re-named Harley MX8H and this is also confirmed by the local John Deere dealer which said they re-label Harley rakes in the same manner.

I love my 96" Harley, great investment for a track loader.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

I rented an 84" here last summer. They are the cats meow when it comes to seed bed preparation. I believe they are of Harley make. They leave a very smooth finish.
  6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Palidan bought Harley about two years ago.
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

do your self a favor and go look at the Edge products rake and the Bobcat soil conditioner. Both of these are built heavier than the Harley brand. The thing I don't like about the Harley rake is the gear box, and it seems like all the parts are smaller than the 2 I mentioned.
  8. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Certainly not more heavy duty than the Harley Mx8H............when you step up to a 8' power rake the unit is really severe duty level.
  9. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

The first thing I see in the sea of text on every thread you're on is that damn avatar. hahaha. I love it.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to change it up every once and a while...That's my baby picture.