1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Chain Saws

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GaryFenza, Oct 9, 2006.

1. GaryFenza

GaryFenza LawnSite Member

hey guys..im bored so i figured i would post this

Im 16, and i worked with my Uncle and Cousin all summer doing Tree Work(tree care and Cutting down trees, BRUTAL WORK!!!, haha), and he has all Husquavarna Saws, and his neibhor does the same kind of work and has all Stihl saws. What about John Deere, i know JD is known for their reliable Lawn Mowers, but what about their saws and weedwackers, i have never acutally seen People with John Deere Saws or Weedwackers before in person.

just wondering, thanks, lol:dancing:
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Your Uncle knows a good saw. Stay with a HUSKY!!!:cool2: :cool2:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You makes a john deere saw.
  4. GaryFenza

i know but, do business acutally use John Deere, lol, I NEVER SEE ANYONE with a John Deere Saw. are they good or what??
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think they're using Kawasaki equipment, now. They used Echo equipment exclusively for a LONG time.
  6. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

No professional will use a John Deere saw. Maybe a landscaper might... but not a self respecting arborist.
  7. GaryFenza

why not?, lol its John Deere
  8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I do not know who Deere is getting to make their two-cycle equipment, but I have always been warned to stay away from it. Husky and Stihl would be my saw of choice. I run a JD 727 Z and love it, but I will stay with Stihl for my 2-Cycle equipment.
  9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from it, it will not last.
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

never seen a jd saw not even at our dealer they have stihls and thats what we have had husqvarnas and they just couldnt keep up so we have stihls adn they take a beating and they still go