John Deere Commercial Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevieraysod, May 5, 2003.

1. stevieraysod

stevieraysod LawnSite Member

Anybody out there running Deere commercial mowers, trimmers, blowers? Late model stuff like 600/ 700 series ZTR's. Do you like them? What do you like about them and why? How about dislikes? Thanks in advance.

2. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i personally dont like deere, my roomate is running a 36 wb and i dont think it has anything on my exmark 36, first i dont like the fact u have to buy deere blades as they are nothed, and i dont like how they overlap each other during rotation, my roomy broke a belt and both blades hit each other making a hell of a racket and ruining both blades. so thats all i have on deere and thats enough for me to stay away.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've have a 2002 JD 757 60" deck. I haven't had any problems so far with the machine. What I like the most about the 757 is the cutting height adjustment just turn the nob to the desired cutting height. The 7 Iron deck doesn't let grass build up underneath. I think I've only had to scrape the deck twice but was very minimal. I know alot of people here will say they don't stripe but mine seems to stripe just fine. I think John Deere dealers have better service but that could be just my area.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i run deere mowers, a m665 60 cut 25 kohler and a hydr w/b 54 cut with 17 kawasaki. im pleased with the performance of both mowers. the 700 series ztrs have several nice updated features. i cant complain about my dealer, i get great support. my next z will be either a 757 deere or hustler sup[er z.

5. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

my m653 is great. It will cut anything in its path and it stripes ok. The wider decks stripe really good. I borrow a 1445 front deck with the 72" 7-iron and it stripes great.

6. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

I have a new HD45 w/36" deck and am quite pleased. I am even more happy with the dealer. I dropped it off for the first service this past weekend and they gave me a loaner (another HD45) until I can get back to pick it up (I live almost an hour away). They were the only dealer who would bring a mower to me to demo.

As others have said here at Lawnsite, it's all comes down to service.

7. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I run all John Deere equipment
    Mowers -757's, 797, HD45
    Blowers -BP60's, BH25's
    Whippers -XT140's
    Edgers -XT120SE's
    All John Deere Shop Tools

Use to use all Exmark and Redmax equipment but I have now changed.

8. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

I don't know about the late model stuff, but I do know that my 36" commercial walk behind needed a new engine (Kaw) this past week.( It happens to have been purchased by me in 1989). So I think that they have good lifespan.:D

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Go Deere - I run 2 455 all wheel steer, one 455 front steer and one 332 (1988 with 5000 hrs on it) and it still purrs like a kitten.

No major problems with any of them.

10. slider53072

slider53072 LawnSite Member

I run 2 John deere 935's with 72in decks one has just under 1000hrs and the older of the 2 has over 4000, and the maintaince has been minimal...overall I believe J.D has a GREAT product and would HIGHLY RECOMMAND THEM!!!