John Deere commercial grade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MGC67, May 16, 2007.

1. MGC67

MGC67 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hi, great site

I am close to purchasing a 647A commercial grade Z, 48" cut for about 6400. This happens to be the John Deere. I am also looking at a X-mark in the same price range. I see alot of x-mark fans that are very happy with the product line, but to me anyway, the Deere looked alot more on the heavy duty side. The Deere has a 19hp Kawasaki and both are only 48" cuts. Any personal input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Mike

Both dealers are great to work with as I have made purchases from both for trimmers, edgers, etc.

2. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Capelawncare is right, I have saw them go much cheaper than that. Our local dealer is selling the 717A for 5995 or was recently and I had rather sit than stand anyday. I have also seen the 647 on ebay with real low hours go for less than half the price you got. I own both deere and exmark, both good machines but will buy a toro next time because both dealers suk big time! I thought the deere dealer was bad until I dealt with the exmark dealer in Douglas.

4. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd definatley go with the deere, but get the 657A, with the, I think 23 horse? kawi engine. Two guys I know really well got new 647A's this year, one took his back to the dealer, traded up to the 657A, and the other has been fighting his 647A since day one, both not happy with the lack of power. i've got the 657A, about 40 hours on it since the first of april, no complaints, other than it hates hills. I bought mine for close to 6400 out the door, taxes included. The deere 7 -Iron II deck is AWESOME, a lot better than the exmarks, imo, and I've run them side by side. Either mower will serve you well, but i'm just partial to deere, I have a really awesome dealer here too.

5. MGC67

MGC67 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

many thanks for the replies......

the Z mower is a 717A,

sorry for the mis-information,

48" 7iron deck with a 19 hp Kaw

-Mike

6. capelawncare.com

7. BNR lawns

BNR lawns LawnSite Member

I have a 717 it is a great machine! I also have toro would never buy anything toro again. i have made the change to everything deere from my zero turns to w/b and even my bob cat. nothing runs like a deere!

8. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

well did you get the 717a and what did you pay before tax

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

If you need deere parts call Hendrix machinery in Savannah Ga. They are a class act! I recommend anyone to use them for their parts.

10. capelawncare.com

I just bought a 657, I used it for the first time today and love it. It was little hard to get used to at first, but....by the middle of the day, i had that baby humming. It may be my first Deere, but i dont it'll be my last.