john deere ctl info?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kyfireman2004, Jun 12, 2007.

1. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Deere CT332 that I bought new last year, and now have around 500 hours on. I use it daily and I've been very happy with it. It's a powerful machine all around. I know several other guys who have had good luck with theirs.

I'd be happy to give you my opinions in more detail, just list some specific questions that you have. I would do a search first. There have been several threads about the Deere CTL's.

2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are towards the top of the list for a good track machine. I know a guy with one that loves it.

3. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

dozerman... I was just wandering what kind of equipment you have, and what work you do.?

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kreft- I do anything and everything with a finish dozer. Most of my work is backfilling, concrete cut outs, and rough grading. I also started doing finish grading on the side, and bought a Power Rake this spring. I have a Case 550H dozer, the Deere CT332, and a tractor/low boy to pull it. My family has several other pieces of equipment that I run from time to time on odd jobs.

5. Fieldman12

I have a little seat time on a old D4 Cat with all the levers. I can tell you from my experience with skids,track loaders, and dozers is knowing where that blade is. Allot of people try to see the edge which is good but after you get material flowing you often cannot see the edge. I then look at how much material is flowing into the bucket or out the edge. This will vary on the type of material conditions and so on but for the most part it is a key. Another thing is especially in finish grading the light cuts do allot more dirt movement than you think. You have to constantly be moving the bucket or edge of blade to get things good. Once you get it half way level you wont have to move the bucket or blade near as much. A guy really has to get out and play (experiment) before he takes on jobs. You also need to feel your machine or be apart of it. If you feel the machine coming up in the front than your most likely way to deep. It's a combination of things I guess. Im learning more and more each day. I think it gets kinda addicting once you see you can level something. Preactice is the key. A dozer will may it look like a concrete floor if your good. I had a guy put in a waterway for me a few years back and I helped. He went a quater of a mile flying shaping it with a Komatsu dozer and never once got of to check the dimensions. when the engineers checked it he was dead on. I would love to be have as good as he was.

6. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

thanx for the reply!!!!!:)

7. Fieldman12

Sorry, wrong thread about the dozer.