John Deere DFS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Aug 26, 2006.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone purchased the new JD DFS bagger yet? I went to my dealer yesterday and checked them out. The one for the 757 holds 14.5 bushels and is actually made by protero. If you buy through Protero it lists for $2450 and if you go through Deere its around $2700. Looks to be the exact same unit. I'm also checking out the Peco vac too. I kinda like having the pony motor instead.

2. lewdo

lewdo LawnSite Member

Not sure what you mean by DFS, but I bought a 737 this year and had a 3 bagger 14 bushel capacity put on for about a grand?

3. GrassMonkey

GrassMonkey LawnSite Member

Is there a website for the Protero bagger? I have been looking at a Peco bagger myself but not sure whether it is worth the extra grand over the triple bagger.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,
    I have the 2 bag unit from JD, It sucks!! I got so mad last year I almost went and bought a trailer unit at TSC (Like this http://www.agri-fab.com/vac501885.html ) its great compared to the powerloss and lack of suction the JD has. 900 and some change for a he!! of a lot better system.
    Stick a hitch on your 757 and pull this, the power saved from the JD bagger system will be worth it, also, the JD needs a "leaf antiblowout kit" or the leaves just blow out the front of the deck. They fail to tell about that 180 dollar wonder when you pay the 1800 for the collection system.

5. DLCS

I have that same wonderful 2 bag system now. I think I could actually empty ever 30 feet during leaf season. I'm considering that Agri Fab unit also but I don't know about pulling a trailer. I think it might get in the way sometimes. Right now I'm leaning towards the Peco unit with the pony motor. Peco also has a pull type like the agri fab one for about $400 dollars more.

6. DLCS

DFS=dump from seat :)

7. DLCS

www.proteroinc.com

This pic is what the John Deere DFS looks like or at least thats what the dealer told me. Protero makes the the DFS for Deere.

757%20ROPS%201.jpg

8. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

The 2 and 3 bag systems that ya'll are talking about being so bad, do they have the blower assist or are they just blown from the blades?

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

It has a power flow thats powered off the mower deck, it works ok, just need to dump nonstop.

Mike I use my 737 to pull a lawn cart. Its better than pulling with a lawn tractor, zero turn makes easy manuvering.
    I could just see me slamming that big hopper against the trees, I do that enough with my bagger.

10. DLCS

Oh I use my 757's to pull aerators too. But i was talking about being less manuverable with a wagon behind me. Not be able to get in tight places.