John deere down need help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Jun 17, 2008.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

My john deere skid steer gives me a code F9P9 which says park brake output shorted to ground, what does this mean?

2. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Sent my mechanic to school for a coulpe of days. Your local dealer should be able to tell you.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Take to CASE dealer and beg for for forgiveness, leave with new CASE skid steer. Atleast thats what my JD code book says.:clapping:

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's how I went from Bobcrap to Cat. Let some other dealer worry aout the problematic POS I traded off!

5. cat2

from Mi

LOL you think that case will be able to run the that john deere?

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There is no doubt. Do think a CASE machine cant?

7. cat2

from Mi

it would be close i think, neck and neck:weightlifter:case makes a strong machine

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I cant really comment on the new Series 3 machines. The original 400 series machines had some bright stars namely the 440, 450 and 465, some average machines 430, 410 and some dim stars 420, 435 and 445. The Series 3 machines have addressed the 420, 435 and 445 . They are now turboed all the way across including the 430 which resulted in a lower torque rating but I must believe an over all better performer. The 445 had many things going for it but at my elevation it has to have a turbo and they did not until Tier 3. The loader arms are back to being 95XT type. I had an 85XT and it was the worst performing CASE machine I had run. I complained so much they practically gave me a 95XT in exchanged. I quite my bittching.

So I guess I would feel good going head to head with any machine with the 440, 450 and 465 assuming equal class machines. If I had to use some of the dim listed machines I would not be as confident, especially against Deere which I believe has a similiar concept on building skid steers as CASE does.

More than you wanted to know?

9. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Poor poor case and deere boys.

J.

10. cat2

from Mi

what brand do you run?