1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere FB460V Wire Diagram?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dup's cadi, Oct 19, 2004.

1. dup's cadi

dup's cadi LawnSite Member

Hey all. New to the site. Never even knew it was here. Lots of great info. I'm looking for the wiring diagram for a John Deere FB460V. My Grandfather picked up two of them at sale somewhere. To fix one of them he needs a wiring diagram. He's not too good one the computer so that's why I'm doing this. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry but the said the wrong word for getting any information. John Deere does not give any thing out like that so unless there is a JD dealer on this site and feels sorry for you, you are out of luck. You would have about as good of chance if not better getting wiring diagram for the space shuttle. If JD had there way you would have to but the gas to run in it. Get a lot of this now. If you have a Kaw on a JD and need parts for it you have to go to the JD dealer to get them not Kaw. In fact a Kaw dealer unless he is also a JD dealer can not even look up parts for that engine. He can get close enough to it for maybe an air filter or something but that may be about it. When JD buys an engine that buy ALL the paper work for that engine. A Briggs engine on a JD will not be in the Briggs data base.Once again you can get close enough for some thing but that every thing. We are not a JD dealer and I get sick when I see one come into the shop because I know I am not going to have fun with it.
  3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

It would seem that you are posting the engine model number. Do you have the actual model number from the tractor unit? If so, you can try going to [ Just having the engine model won't work, and it is true what Fixer said. John Deere is a Self Servicing OEM, which means everything on the unit, to be able to be looked up 100% for sure, has to go back to a John Deere dealer.... so, you people buying John Deere's from Home Depot thinking you can get em worked on someplace cheap when they break down are in for a heartache when you find you have to still find a JD dealer to take it to.
  4. dup's cadi

dup's cadi LawnSite Member

Well I never new JD was like that. I guess the lawn mower I buy next year wont be green. At least I have a long time to look for another type. I don't have to cut my lawn till next Aug! Peace!