John Deere fly in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Jan 11, 2010.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Where is their plant at anyway? Id be interested in going! Id love to get to play around with those huge JD farm tractors that have the tracks and the big 500hp diesels! That would be a blast to drive one of those $200,000. machines around in the mud! Im sure they just hand over the keys and say go to town with her(yeah right)!!

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like it is a dealer thing. You must have a good relationship with your dealer? My dealer did something like that, a couple of the guys at my dealer were flown down to a seminar type thing that deere puts on for them every year. There, they learn what new equipment deere is coming out with for the coming year and also get to test out some of the new equipment. This year the big thing for them was the 900 series. They had a couple models of the 900's and also some comparable mowers from other major brands, they were able to test them out side by side to see how they all matched up against each other. I know my dealer went down to florida though, this could be the same thing but my dealer also went down back in October.

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Plant is in Moline, IL.

4. this plant is in North Carolina, fly into Raleigh -Durham, don't really know all they build there.

5. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do it!

6. threeleafllc

threeleafllc LawnSite Member

its funny you posted this we are going down next week...

7. clint walker

clint walker LawnSite Member

can I go and talk to them about How they messed up the 800's and don't do a thing about it?

8. JDeereZman

JDeereZman LawnSite Member

I work at the factory that builds the Deere ZTR's. Call this number at the regional office for commercial mowing. It is in Cary,NC. 919-804-2000. Ask to speak to someone in marketing. I don't know if this will help or not but I believe there are a lot of people there that would be willing to help.

9. Michdeere

Michdeere LawnSite Member

There are manufacturing facilities there, but they build combines at one and planters/seeders at the other, no lawn equipment. World headquarters are there also.

10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know they had one in NC. Strictly lawn equipment?