1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John Deere front mount question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aperfectlawn, Aug 16, 2004.

1. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

I have ran across an older man (homeowner) that would like to sell his JD "F620" mower. It is just like the new "F687" but 2 or 3 years old. It is 20 horse and has a 48" deck with bagger. It is in pretty good shape with only 146 hours. His ASKING price is $6000. I was wanting to know if these mowers have a problem clogging up or do they do well bagging. Is this a good price? Any info would be great.
  2. aperfectlawn

How well do they work for leaf pickup?
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

why doesnt it have more hours and what are you using it for commercial....? you can pick up a scag tiger cub 48"/19 kawi for 6000 plus tax so i would go that route instead of buying used... just to scary buying used why are they selling if its a good mower??? just questions to ask your self
  4. aperfectlawn

The man that ownes it is about 90 and he plans on moving to Florida. I don't even know why he bought it. It just sits in his storage building. I currently have a 757 that I bought this year. I thought this would be a good mower to use for bagging leaves this fall. I mowed his house when it was getting dark and I couldn't really tell how it did. It would be used commercialy. Just not that often.
  5. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I have an F-620 that is 4 years old and i have no problems with it however i do not have a bagger. The deck on mine is a 54" 7- iron
    paid 7200 new for mine if that helps ya.

6. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Barter it for his yard work. Make him a deal to get it for less if you take care of his lawn and whatever else he needs.