john deere front mount thatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Sep 6, 2001.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

Does anyone have or know where there is one? Im not sure if jd. made them I know they are made after market!also was wondering if anyone has used 1 Thanks:confused:
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about the little agri fab or Brinley that they use? That a bit light weight if that's the one I'm thinking of. You may want to look into the JRCO, this is a litle more in line with our uses. Not only more heavier duty, but it has two rows with alot more tines on it. Hey, are you out by Byron, like Durand area, or somewhere else?
  3. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

Im from the byron center area is ther a web site that i can take a look at the ones you mentioned
  4. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

Allot of people have talked about them, try a search for JRCO.
  5. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

I have one that was sold by JD and mounts on the front of a lawn and garden tractor. I have used it a few times and it does a pretty good job. I use a vertical dethatcher on small lawns. Most of what I've read recomends areating instead of dethatching. Yhe plugs if left on top are suppose to help break down the thatch layer. We have gotten away from dethatching if at all possible due to the clean up labor required. IT IS A MESSY JOB!!!
  6. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn Jockey, here is the site for JRCO. I have a few of their attachments and am quite pleased with the performance of them.
  8. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

JD makes them too.
    A buddy of mine found one at a yard sale, for about $20.00
    Some people have all the luck!
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a jrco for my scag walk behind, and i think its great. put the grass gobbler on with the thatcher and you only make one pass. i also have the leaf plow. another wonderful attachment. dont know where id be without it.